Tuesday, January 10, 2012

lm386 headphone amp.

Just another amp build. nothing special about the circuit. the Power supply on the other hand is a different story. I picked up a little iphone speaker box from the dollar store that took only one aa battery. after tearing it apart i found a little opamp and a buckboost converter. the converter takes 1.5volts from the battery and turns it into 5volts that the op amp requires. So for 1 dollar I got a switch, battery snaps, and a dc-dc converter.


For a better write up on this type of amp go here

2 comments:

  1. I still have the one you made me, with the distortion built in. It still works like a charm and sounds great. It is really an awesome little gadget! I'll probably have it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that was a fun build. I still need some pics.

    ReplyDelete